Now, enjoy some Friday the 13th trivia!
- The 13th day of the month is slightly more likely to be a Friday than any other day of the week.
- Every year has at least one and at most three Friday the 13ths.
- Just as many people are born on Friday the 13th as any other day, but there are slightly more people who die on Friday the 13th. The theory is that fear, with or without reason, can kill.
And, here are some practical (and some humorous) tips to help you get the most out of other people's superstitions:
- Less people will fly on Friday the 13th. It is, therefore, a good day to travel by plane, and with luck you may even have an empty seat next to you!
- Less people are inclined to make important business decisions, which may give you an upper hand at the negotiation table.
- Teachers, parents and others involved in guiding young people toward maturity all recognize that age 13 is generally the most difficult age for boys and girls alike. If you have kids, simply let them jump from age 12 to 14 -- it will save you countless headaches.
- If you feel like living on the edge, call your boss and tell him you suffer from paraskavedekatriaphobia (a recognized disease) and are unable to leave the house to go to work. Though be forewarned: only superstitious bosses are likely to be so understanding.