The number 13 has been considered unlucky since medieval times, most likely because of its association with the number of people at the Last Supper. Friday, too, is seen as unlucky because that was the day of the crucifixion. For the superstitious among us, that makes Friday the 13th a double whammy and, therefore, a particularly unlucky day. For the rationalists among us, the opposite is true, as we recognize that two negatives can make a positive.
As a numerologist I am inclined to consider it a lucky day for some, an unlucky day for others, and an average day for the rest of us. This is because I recognize that the effect of our individual cycles far outweighs any peripheral influences. The question for you, then, is how do you know in which category you will find yourself?
How will the numbers affect YOU? Find out now!
There are two different sets of influences that affect an individual at any given time, those that are internal and those that are external. Numerology calls your internal forces your "personal cycles," and considers them far more powerful than any external energies. This is the main reason numerologists generally consider any possible universal negative influences of a date, such as Friday the 13th, to be negligible in relation to the individual.
The only people who are strongly affected by this superstitious date are those who suffer from a fear of Friday the 13th, a phobia called "paraskavedekatriaphobia." These are the folks who undoubtedly experience every Friday the 13th as an unlucky day -- such is the power of self-fulfilling prophecies.
Count on yourself to create good luck
For the rest of us, the experiences of that day are affected 99.9% by our personal cycles, as reflected in our personal Numerology chart. Understanding where you are in your personal cycles can help you take advantage of the positive forces and limit the potential impact from negative forces.
As a human being you carry within you the forces and energies that influence the way you experience every moment of every day, and those powers are yours to work with. And contrary to popular belief, you have a lot of control over them -- it requires just as much effort to be miserable as it does to be happy.
You may, therefore, want to learn what personal influences are at play during Friday the 13th or any other day. Take advantage of the knowledge that is out there and use it to your benefit.
Find out what influences are at play in YOUR life with personalized Numerology predictions.
Now, enjoy some Friday the 13th trivia!
- The 13th day of the month is slightly more likely to be a Friday than any other day of the week.
- Every year has at least one and at most three Friday the 13ths.
- Just as many people are born on Friday the 13th as any other day, but there are slightly more people who die on Friday the 13th. The theory is that fear, with or without reason, can kill.
And, here are some practical (and some humorous) tips to help you get the most out of other people's superstitions:
- Less people will fly on Friday the 13th. It is, therefore, a good day to travel by plane, and with luck you may even have an empty seat next to you!
- Less people are inclined to make important business decisions, which may give you an upper hand at the negotiation table.
- Teachers, parents and others involved in guiding young people toward maturity all recognize that age 13 is generally the most difficult age for boys and girls alike. If you have kids, simply let them jump from age 12 to 14 -- it will save you countless headaches.
- If you feel like living on the edge, call your boss and tell him you suffer from paraskavedekatriaphobia (a recognized disease) and are unable to leave the house to go to work. Though be forewarned: only superstitious bosses are likely to be so understanding.